Friday, September 14, 2012

Overwhelmed!

We are simply overwhelmed by the generosity shown to us.  I can't think of a better word to describe how we are feeling.

Cakes for Maia was an unbelievable success.  We went in needing about $5000, and our hope was to raise $1000 that night.  Well, I went to the bank last night to make a deposit, and after all was said and done I deposited $2800!!!!  That means we need only $2200 more to make this a reality!

None of this could have been done without the generosity of our family and friends.  I know I haven't adequately thanked each one who has donated to us, but please know how grateful we are.

Now we are working on airline tickets.  No, we don't have our travel approval yet, but we are tentatively planning on traveling to China on October 25 and returning on November 10.  We are hoping to purchase our tickets with air miles but have run into a little glitch--nothing big, just some "transferring miles" issues--so if you would pray that the airline would show us favor and bend the rules a little for the sake of bringing Maia home, we would appreciate it.

I have put in for my maternity leave so I sure hope our dates are accurate!  The timing is very good because I will only end up taking 22 days of leave without pay (due to all the holidays in that time period.)  So all that time we were upset that things weren't going as we had hoped, God had better plans for us!  ( I should have known!  How quickly I forget!)

We are planning one more yard sale, and we still have donations of things to sell on ebay/craigslist coming in.  Amazing!  We are OVERWHELMED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment